Our website address is: jbcollections.com.au
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways such as when you:
- provide personal information to us;
- contact or correspond with us, e.g., to make enquiries.
The personal information we collect about you may include your name, address, contact details and IP address.
Cookies are small text files that are created and stored on your hard drive by your internet browser in order to monitor your use of this website such as tracking your browsing behaviour, compiling aggregate data and provide you with a more effective experience. Cookies do not personally identify you but identify your browser.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Most browsers contain an option that allows you to disable cookies. Please refer to your browser’s help menu for further information. Please note however, that with cookies disabled certain features may become unavailable to you.
We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features (such as Facebook Pixel) and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected as outlined above. Other instances when we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- where you have expressly or impliedly consented to its use or disclosure;
- for the purposes of third parties carrying out specialised functions (such as PayPal or Stripe in order to process the payment of your purchases);
- where the use or disclosure is required under law.
INFORMATION ABOUT PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS
We may contact you via email in order to provide you with information about promotions or events. If you do not wish to receive such information, please contact us as outlined below.
REQUEST TO ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to, update or correct your personal information which may be held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update personal information that we may hold about you, please contact us as outlined below. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative fee to cover our costs of doing this.
If you are dissatisfied with how your complaint was handled, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au)
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure all personal information we hold about you is secure.
We also implement a number of security measures to protect personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ONLINE SHOP – WHAT WE COLLECT AND STORE
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
WHAT WE SHARE WITH OTHERS
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example Stripe to process payments.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
For any privacy-related queries, please contact us through our contact form or call 02 9958 7548.
UPDATED: 15 June 2020